Friday, April 24, 2009

Off to sew I go...

We had our second sewing club tonight! I decided not to go home and then back to the studio, so I had to stop and get some more fabric. So, I still haven't finished my apron, but I did start and complete a new project - a bag.

I thought it was soooo cute!

Claudia is amazing. She put this group together so we could work on our own or on a group project - not to teach... but she ended up helping all of us instead of working on her own. I think I need to just go in and take a basic class so I can figure out what to do to keep myself busy without having to ask her for so much help. I don't care if it's making something simple - it's been fun just to hang out with friends, have a little wine and be creative. I'm definitely gonna put more thought into next months project!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute bag! Good job Tommy!
Have you read "The Friday Night Knitting Club?" The book reminds me of your sewing club.

Tommy said...

Audrey! I am such a goof. I went to a used bookstore that I love yesterday afternoon and picked up "The Friday Night Knitting Club" - to find out this morning, a copy I ordered online after getting your recommendation - what, three days ago - was being shipped! Awe well!