Friday, April 10, 2009

In response to Audrey's Enquiring Mind

I was tagged by Audrey at Stage 3! Who, me? for the following Q and A. Audrey, you're amazing. I Am a Green Parakeet!

Okay, so here are the guidelines for this Q and A :
1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.

What is your current obsession? Cook's Illustrated. I have always loved cookbooks, but this year I decided I would try to learn to cook new stuff... My friend Claudia introduced me to a great cookbook by Cook's Illustrated and now I have been “craving” the magazine edition. Of course, last month my obsession was making crepes. I think I made them every other day. And then there is the Colorado Mammoth - my long term obsession. Wow, I didn't even realize I was an obsessor!

Best restaurant? Kevin Taylors. Not an everyday trip for me, but the overall best nice one I've been to.

Do you nap a lot? I wish! I did when I was on leave of absence. I always intend to get to bed by 9pm, but I'm never asleep before 10:30pm. I am always tired.

Who was the last person you hugged? My brother Mario. My family are a bunch of huggers. I work with my brother – he gets a hug everyday.

What’s for dinner? Leftover Chinese take-out.

What was the last thing you bought? Cook's Illustrated magazine and groceries.

What are you listening to right now? This obnoxiously loud fan on my computer!

What is your favorite weather? Perfectly not too warm, not too cold, not windy, beautiful Indian summer nights.

What’s on your bedside table? A 3-wick candle, a glass of water and a bunch of papers that shouldn't be.

Say something to the person/s who tagged you. Audrey- you seem to write about things I have felt... am feeling. I am so sorry that you are going through the bad stuff, but I hope you know that through your writing, you provide comfort and understanding and I am grateful for that. Your positive attitude is lifting.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? I guess right here in Colorado, 'cause that's where my family is. And not to mention, it's a beautiful place.

Favorite vacation spot? I loved Italy and I would go back there in a second. But I haven't been anywhere else international and I hope to have more choices from experience the next time someone asks me this question. On my list... China, Japan, Australia, Argentina, India, Thailand, Alaska (I know, that's not international - still want to go there!) – pretty much anywhere!

Name the things you can’t live without. Family, friends, laughter, faith, hope.

What would you like to have in your hands right now? The cure to cancer. (I stole this from Audrey, who stole if from Laura but ditto, seriously, I wish that I had the cure for cancer in my hands right now!)

What is your favorite tea flavor? I like good 'ol Lipton Tea. In the summer I like a fruity blend like passion-mango or peach-mango. I love trying new teas though. There's even two tea-houses I hope to try out soon.

What would you like to get rid of? Anxiety.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Tahiti, I think.

What did you want to become as a child? An astronaut or the President. Didn't everybody?

Where would you like to be in five years? At my son's high school graduation... top of his class ;)

What are you reading right now? Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo for my bookclub and Phantom by Susan Kay with my son since we just saw the musical, Phantom of the Opera.

What's your favorite brand of jeans? Ooh, not so much a name brand shopper for jeans - or clothes for that matter. I like quality, but I like bargains too.

What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)? A vintage Opera Cape.

Who inspires you? Darren (my son), my whole family, Taylor (my little cousin, 13, cancer warrior) ... and so many more.

What's your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and Phantom by Susan Kay – but you already know that. It's my question. Not original, but something I like to now about people.

I tag: Audrey, Claudia. And Lori, 'cause if anyone will do this - it'll be you sister! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Tommy! I love what you wrote! I find these lists to be challenging because there are so many answers for every question. Everytime I read someones answers I think, "OH! That's what I should have written!"

Tommy, thank you for all of your lovely comments and support. I very much appreciate it.

I hope that you are doing well and I wish you and your family a wonderful Easter
xoxoxo

Lori Wilson said...

Of course I'll do this. You know me well. I'm actually thinking of skipping my workout just so I can post it to my blog earlier. hmmm...no, I really need to workout today and if I don't do it this morning I won't do it at all. I'll post it this afternoon.