Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bargain laughs...

Fun stuff...

I love going to comedy shows. In fact, over the summer - I went to Comedy Works downtown three or four times.

Tonight I went for the first time to the new Comedy Works South venue in Greenwood Village. It was wayyyy nicer than the one downtown if only that our tables and chairs weren't nailed to the floors! And since it was a Sunday evening, maybe because we weren't packed in like sardines. The only thing I can say that was bad is that it was really cold inside and I ended up putting my jacket back on to wear through the whole show.

My friend Matthew won a "party" which allowed us in for a bargain $5 bucks each. (Fill out a slip and you can win too :) You know, there are usually three to four openers before the headline act. This time I happened to like at least two of them, and that was a good start. The headliner was a guy named Tommy Johnagin. I know, cool name. Oh wait - I just remembered another bad thing - it sucked that there were two hecklers sitting in the front row and security took wayyyyy tooooooo long for security to remove them. Tommy (yeah, like we're on a first name basis) handled them well and moved way up to the top of my favorite comedian's list. Yep, he's now up there with Jo Koy and Sam Fidele. So if you ever get a chance to check any one of these guys out - let me know what you think....


Comedy Works South
5345 Landmark Pl
Greenwood Village
720-274-6800

No comments: