Friday, January 2, 2009

Not-really a recipe...

We went out to dinner (and it sucked - more to come with some restaurant reviews :) Anyway, when we got home, my mom was hungry. So, I put on some rice to steam (with my new rice cooker - yay) and made her some kung-pao beef.

Okay, it wasn't really cook-cooking 'cause the sauce was in a bottle... but I thought it was pretty good... enough that I wish I would have waited to eat at home! And - I can make fried rice this week too.

Not Really a Recipe for Kung Pao Beef

Slice beef into thin strips and lightly coat with cornstarch. Seer beef in a little bit of oil in a pan set on HI heat. Add diced carrots, celery, onion and bell peppers. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes. Add Lee Kum Kee Kung Pao Stir Fry Sauce and peanuts. Serve over steamed rice.

No comments: