Sunday, January 4, 2009

Who makes a T-Bone with a side of Fried Rice?

I do. That's who! I love rice. Probably my favorite side dish. You know, the one food item I could never get sick of...

We took a trip to Costco today and I got one of those ginormous packs of mushrooms (not fancy ones, the ones that my chef friend calls "white trash mushrooms" - she said it, not me - but man, I love those kinds of mushrooms!) and a gallon of soy sauce! I was sooooo ready for dinner when we got home - so, my mom cooked up the T-bone steaks and I sautéd some of the mushrooms with onion, steamed some asparagus and we rounded it out with fried rice. Yummm....


Not really a recipe for Shrimp Fried Rice
Something between frying and scrambling a couple of eggs. Don't overcook. Chop up and set aside. Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter and garlic for several minutes - until tender. Add peeled shrimp (cut into small pieces) and continue to sauté until pink. Set aside. Add oil to non-stick skillet and heat for a minute or two, add steamed rice (cold is okay - just break it up). Fold rice over itself in pan adding soy sauce as it warms. Add ginger, eggs, mushrooms and shrimp and continue to fold over itself til warm through. Add sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds.

I also usually add sautéd bean sprouts and carrots, but didn't have any at home.

No comments: