Sunday, January 25, 2009

A mellow weekend...

It's not that it was a boring weekend - but I'm still condensing it all down to one blog anyway....

Friday -
Didn't do much. Came home after work and was supposed to start/finish reading my book for bookclub on Monday. Instead I played with my new iPhone and watched some tv programs that have been building up on my DVR.

Saturday -
Met up with my nephew Jess and his family at McDonalds for a quick lunch. Then we headed to the Museum of Nature and Science to see "Dinosaurs Alive" at the IMAX. I know, I just saw it last weekend with Darren. Here's the story - Josiah (my great-nephew), came over last week and said "Auntie, I want to go to the movies." So I asked him if he wanted to go see Bolt or Hotel for Dogs and he said "No, I want to see Dinosaurs." There ya go. He loved it. When it was ending he said "I want to see it again" and he was not happy that we couldn't.

In the evening, we went to the Mammoth vs Edmonton Rush game. It was early this week - started at 6pm, so no face painting this time. The game wasn't as bad as last week, but they still lost. It actually got really exciting in the last quarter - it was fun to see some defense - it just came too late. Bummer.

After the game, we went to the Denver Diner. I don't know why we torture ourselves. I had french toast. Not so good.

Sunday -
My friend Matthew invited me to church at The Rock. Saw lots-o-friends there. After service, we headed over for lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. I ordered the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Burger and thought it was pretty good.

Mondo got ripped off. He ordered a Chicken Pot Pie with a Mozzarella & Tomato Salad. He ordered the add-on salad bar instead of soup because he figured the pot pie would be kind of like a soup. Turns out it was more like a salad. The veggies didn't appear to have been cooked in the sauce for any amount of time. AND, they substituted his mozzarella & tomato salad with broccoli and didn't even mention it to him. Not cool.

When we got home, we found that my cousins were visiting from Pueblo before they went to the Nuggets game. We played a few games of poker and watched a movie.

A nice and mellow weekend...

1 comment:

Lori Wilson said...

I had Josiah and Jas in the nursery with me yesterday. They were so funny, but especially Josiah. He brought his dinosaur movie card with him and kept telling us it was his credit card. He loved playing with the phone and came up with the funniest conversations. I could tell he was immitating his dad. It kept me entertained.