Sunday, January 11, 2009

What's for breakfast?

When Mondo asked "What's for breakfast?" this morning, I said "How 'bout a quiche?" Food Network had a recipe for a Hash Brown Quiche that looked tasty and it's one of the recipes I wanted to test for a brunch I'm thinking of hosting soon.

I pretty much went by the recipe with a couple of modifications... I used fresh potatoes and bacon instead of ham (big chunky meaty pieces). I added sautéed mushrooms and instead of half and half, I just used a little bit of milk. I also used more eggs - since I didn't measure the ingredients, I need more filler. To cut down on cooking time - I lightly scrambled the egg mixture for a few minutes before filling the hash brown crusts. Since they were partially cooked, it only took 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes to set.

Sooooo goooood.....

No comments: